Facebook for Dentists: 5 Steps To Success
So you have a Facebook page? Do you know how to get the most benefit out of it for your dental practice? It can be intimidating. But have no fear. Here are some basic steps to get you on the right track with Facebook.
Imagine this: A potential new patient in your area is looking for a new dentist. The person checks your website, then heads to your Facebook page. What does the person see? A great Facebook page can instill confidence in new patients and help you stay in touch with old ones. Facebook can also make it easier for people to find you online in the first place.
Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world by far, and easily the most important one for dentists. This article will walk you through five of the most important steps you can take to make Facebook work for your practice.
Optimise your page
Let’s start with the basics. These are the little things you only have to do once, but they have a big long-term impact. They make it easier for people to find and connect with you.
- Verify your Facebook page. This adds a small grey checkmark to the end of your Facebook name that tells people you’re an authentic business. It also helps your page show up higher in Facebook search results.
- Fill out your About section. Enter as much information as possible in the About tab of your page, including your practice’s address, phone number, website URL, and business hours. Don’t forget to include a short description of your practice.
- Add a call to action. Your page’s call to action appears over the bottom of your cover photo, next to your page’s Like button. Facebook lets you choose from a variety of call to action buttons, but for most dentists, the best option is “Call Now.” This makes it easier for mobile users to call you directly from your page.
Show who you are
Consider including a photo of yourself and/or the rest of your team in one of those spots. You might also consider using one of them for your logo or to showcase the exterior or interior of your office.
Post good content
It might sound obvious, but posting good content regularly is easier said than done. Every social media platform is different. Facebook is informal and community-oriented. Users are looking for valuable information, but they want it presented in a fun, easy-to-digest manner.
What to post?
- Dental tips — What do people always ask you? What small things can your patients do to improve their health?
- Special offers — Do you have new patient specials, free whitenings, or seasonal specials?
- Blog posts — Do you have a blog on your website?
- Be visual — Post photos of the office, videos, cute pictures, whatever you like!
Facebook best practices:
- Avoid the hard sell. For every 10 Facebook posts, only two or three should be purely promotional.
- Think about both attracting new visitors and appealing to your loyal followers.
- Keep things short and simple. There’s no need to write an essay in the description. Most people won’t read it if you do.
Set a posting schedule you can follow
Spread the word
Now that your Facebook page is beautiful and full of great information, it’s time to tell your patients where to find it. How? It’s easier than you might think.
The easiest place to tell patients about Facebook is while they’re in your office. You might place a small poster in your waiting area. People often use their phones in waiting areas, and this will give them something interesting to do while they’re waiting for you to call them in.
You can promote your Facebook page and website at the same time with Facebook ads. One of my favourite kinds of Facebook ads showcases a blog post from your website. Here’s how to do it:
Post your blog post on Facebook. Then click the blue “Boost Post” button at the bottom. Facebook lets you target by age, location, gender, and interests to make sure the right people see your post. If you want even more targeting options, you can set up a Facebook Ads Creation account, which lets you target more characteristics, such as income range, behaviours, and languages.
Other ways to get the word out
- Ask your receptionist to mention your page to patients and let them know what kind of valuable information they can find there.
- Include your Facebook page in your email signature.
- Link to your page from your website’s homepage.
Click here to read the original article.
You know that Facebook is important to their dental practice. But maintaining it can be quite a handful especially when your busy caring for patients. That’s why we design Practice Growth Program to take care of your digital marketing and help you double your practice in 3 years or less. Want to learn more? Click the button below.
Services we mentioned:
Are you hoping to increase returns from your existing Facebook Ads? Here are some of the best Facebook marketing tips to optimise your ads…
Dental social media is one of the best ways to reach out to patients and connect with them. Here are useful tips on Social Media Marketing…